Monday, July 18, 2011

Billy's new album tribute to US soldiers

London, July 18 : Singer Billy Ray Cyrus' new album "I'M American" is a tribute to US troops and he decided to pen the songs after his Afghanistan visit.


Billy Ray Cyrus, Hollywood Gossips, Billy Ray Cyrus new album, Billy Ray Cyrus US Soldiers
Cyrus visited the country in December 2009 and he was so moved by the US troops' life in Afghanistan that he decided to write the songs as a salute to them.

"During one of the performances outside of Kabul, some bombs went off during the song 'Some Gave All' (a Vietnam War tribute) and I paused. And one of the soldier's stood up and said, 'Keep going Mr. Cyrus. We're used to it," contactmusic.com quoted the 49-year-old as saying.

"I finished the song and it was that moment that I knew I was going to do a whole album and salute these troops. They are the bravest men and women," he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment