Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Writers, directors share maximum credit for my success: Aamir

Bollywood Gossips, Aamir Khan
As an actor, producer and director, Aamir Khan hasn't gone wrong in past few years and the star says the writers and the directors of his movies should be applauded for the success.

"If you are saying Aamir you have so many successes, I am not a solo player. It's a team effort and in the team the two main people are not me - one is writer and the other is director," Aamir told IANS.

In the recent past, Aamir has produced unconventional films like "Peepli Live", "Dhobi Ghat" and recently released "Delhi Belly". All the films set the cash registers ringing.

"I don't have the magic touch. Yes, I have accepted those films and I have accepted the unusual films, so you can give me credit for that. I had the good sense to say yes to them, I had the good sense to work good in them and I was fortunate to have a good team in these films," he said.

Often referred to as Mr. Perfectionist, Aamir said: "There are many reasons for which the films have been successful. Every film of mine which has become successful has first originated in the mind of a writer with whom I have no connection, neither have I given the idea to him."

'Laagan' came in Ashutosh's mind and when he came to me, his script was totally complete and I loved it. My contribution to the script is zero. 'Peepli Live', 'Rang De Basanti', 'Taare Zameen Par' all of these films are written by different writers, some of them are writer-director together.

"Now, had not these beautiful scripts not come to me, I would have not been able to be part of these films. The other creative talents who have contributed to the success of the film also share the equal credit for it."

The 46-year-old is grateful to have so many successful films under his belt.

"I am very grateful that I have so many films that are successful and I feel that I am very fortunate," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment