Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A reminder about comments



Just in case you weren't aware of the problems I'm having with comments, I wanted to post a little reminder.

I'm currently unable to post comments on my own blog. I can post comments on other Blogger blogs just fine, but for some reason it won't let me post on mine! I've heard some other people on Blogger are having this problem.

Maybe one of you knows how to fix it? Here's what's happening. When I click 'post comment' the page reloads and my comment disappears without posting. Upon further inspection, it seems that it doesn't register me as being logged in- it says 'select account' and even if I select Google, nothing happens. When I comment on other Blogger blogs that require me to log in, my name shows up in the drop-down menu and I have no problems posting comments at all. Just... only on my own blog?

I'm not going to turn off the registered comments thing because I'm really sick to death of deleting hundreds of weird adult video comments written in Chinese or nonsensical comments telling me to buy real estate in Puerto Rico or demanding me to "BUY CHEEAAP VIGARA CILIAS LEVTIRA ONL1NE" every day. I'm sure that would fix the problem, but it's just so nice not having to weed through all that spam.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is if you have a question, you should try me on Twitter. Until I can figure out how to fix the comment problem I can only answer through Twitter or email (and my email inbox is a disaster and I have months and months worth of unanswered messages and I feel horrible about it but if it's something I know the answer to immediately I can usually respond in a timely fashion).

Sorry about that... I don't know why it's happening and it's really getting on my nerves!

(And I know the picture has absolutely nothing to do with any of this but it's really hot and I like looking at it. )

No comments:

Post a Comment