Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Crappy Monday

I had a crappy day yesterday. I went to work very happy after a lovely weekend and even left the house extra early in an effort to be in work before 9.00am. Unfortunately the traffic and rain conspired against me. I arrived at work after nine despite my early exit from home. This wasn’t the best start to the day but I wasn’t too distressed. As the morning wore on things got worse, not in a dramatic way, but small things started to surface that I thought had been dealt with previously. By lunch time I was Ms. Narky Nark McNark and I couldn’t hide it. On the upside lunch was delicious and the coffee afterwards was particularly good. At this point in the day I made the fatal mistake of going straight back to work instead of going for a short stroll to clear my head. The afternoon didn’t really get any better and by the time I got home late, I was thoroughly browned off. I’m rarely that out of sorts on a Monday but thankfully I’ve discovered the solution to a crappy day… a generous glass of Rioja and lots of Milka chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment